Australian Website Terms & Conditions
1. About this websiteThis website is owned and operated by Investec Australia Limited ABN 77 140 381 184, AFS license 342737, its related bodies corporate and the Investec group (Investec).
Investec may in its sole discretion vary or modify these Terms & Conditions without notice. Any subsequent access to, or use by you of the website will constitute an acceptance of those variations and modifications.
2. Australian residentsThe information on this website (including the products and services referred to herein) is directed and available only to Australian residents and is not an offer or solicitation for the purchase of securities, units or investments, unless expressly stated otherwise.
3. Copyright and TrademarksInvestec is either the owner or licensed user of the copyright in the material on this site. You may not reproduce, adapt, upload, link, frame, broadcast, distribute or in any way transmit the material on this site without the written consent of Investec, except that you may to the extent necessary view or print individual pages for your own personal use.
The Investec name and all its associated trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on this website (including, without limitation, the zebra device mark) are registered and unregistered trademarks of Investec. Nothing contained in this website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any such trademark, logo or service mark without the written consent of Investec.
4. No offerNo information or content contained on this website is to be used, and/or construed and/or considered by you as an offer to sell and/or a solicitation of an offer to buy securities and/or other financial instrument of any nature, nor as any advice or recommendation with respect to any such securities or financial instrument.
All services offered by Investec are subject to completion (in the manner required) of the requisite application forms and other documentation and are governed by the relevant Investec terms and conditions for that particular product or service. Investec reserves the right to reject in its absolute discretion (without affording you any reason) any application submitted for products or services contained on this website.
5. Transmission of informationYour attention is drawn to the fact that information transmitted via the Internet is susceptible to monitoring and interception. You will bear all risk of transmitting information in this manner. Investec will not be liable for any loss, harm or damage suffered by you as a result of transmitting information to us. Investec reserves the right to request independent verification of any information transmitted via e-mail.
Please be aware that any unsolicited confidential or proprietary information sent to Investec via the Internet cannot be guaranteed to remain confidential. If you need to send such information to Investec and are concerned about the security of this information please contact us and we will advise you of the most appropriate method of transmission.
6. Important disclaimers
Investec only carries on banking activities in those countries it is authorised to do so. Neither Investec Australia Limited, nor any other Investec subsidiary, is an authorised deposit-taking institution for the purposes of the Banking Act 1959 (Cth).
All information contained on this website is provided in good faith and has been derived from sources believed to be reliable and accurate. The Investec group has not verified the accuracy or completeness of the information and does not make any warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the information.
The website is intended to provide general information regarding Investec, its products and services, and other financial information which may be of interest to you. Investec has not considered your objectives, financial situation or needs in preparing this advice. It is not intended to provide exhaustive treatment of any subject dealt with and should not be relied upon as such.
The information on this website including all research, opinions or other content is not intended to and does not constitute financial, accounting, tax, legal, investment, consulting or other professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your personal finances or business you should consider the relevant disclosure material and take appropriate advice from a suitably qualified person.
The website may include technical, typographical or other inaccuracies and you are urged to contact Investec to confirm all information contained on this website before placing any reliance on it. Changes are periodically made to the information on this website and these changes will be incorporated in new editions of this website. Investec does not guarantee that this website will operate free of error or defect or that it is free from computer viruses or any other contaminating computer program.
We do not accept any liability for any acts or omissions resulting from your decisions or opinions formed on the basis of your use of the website.
If the website contains statements or information which relate to projections, plans or objectives or future economic performance you should be aware that these projections are only predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially.
Past performance of any investment or security is not necessarily an indication of future performance. Value of investments may go up as well as down.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Investec, its related bodies corporate, holding company, its directors, shareholders, agents, consultants and employees exclude all liability for any damage or loss resulting from your use of or inability to use this website or the information contained in the website, including without limitation any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, whether arising out of contract, statute, tort or otherwise.
7. Other website linksThis site may contain links to other websites operated by entities which do not belong to Investec. These links to other websites have been provided solely for your convenience and to enable you to obtain further information about other relevant products and entities in the market. Investec has no control over the information on these sites or the products or services offered through those sites. Investec makes no representations regarding the accuracy or suitability of the information, services, or products described on them and does not accept any responsibility or liability with regard to the content of those sites. You are advised to make your own enquiries in relation to third parties described or linked on this website. Inclusion of a link to a third party site should not be construed as that party's endorsement of this site or vice versa.
By linking to sites operated by third parties, Investec is not authorising the reproduction of any material on such sites, as such material may be the subject of intellectual property rights of third parties.
8. Software applications accessible from this siteSome of the software programs that may be downloaded through third party links from this website are products belonging to third parties. The use of such third party software is at your own risk. Such software is likely to be subject to licensing terms imposed by the owner of that software. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Investec excludes all liability in relation to using or downloading any software (third party or otherwise) that may be accessed from this website. Investec makes no representations and provides no warranties in relation to such software. In particular, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Investec excludes all liability for any damage (including, without limitation, loss of data, interruption to business and loss of profits) resulting from viruses or other consequence of using or downloading any software (third party or otherwise) accessible through this website.
10. Governing law and jurisdictionThese terms and your use of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and any disputes will be decided only by the Courts of the Commonwealth of Australia.
11. Connected InterestsInvestec and any company or individual connected to it including its directors and employees may have a position or interest in any investment or service recommended in this or other Investec website.
12. World Wide WebThe content of this site is not directed to any person in any jurisdiction where (by reason of that person's nationality, residence or otherwise) the publication or availability of the Investec website, or any of its content, is prohibited. Persons in respect of whom such prohibitions apply must not access the Investec website.
Investec is not an authorised deposit-taking institution in Australia and is not authorised to conduct banking activity under the Banking Act 1959 (Cth). The information on this website is only directed at clients who are wholesale clients or professional investors pursuant to the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). Investec Australia Limited ABN 77 140 381 184.