Travel insurance coverage for COVID-19
For Private Banking clients with a Voyage account
This page is for private banking customers who have a Voyage account.
AXA Investec Visa Platinum travel insurance and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Everyone who travels wants to do so with confidence, and that includes knowing what cover is in place if COVID-19 affects your trip.
AXA Investec Visa Platinum travel insurance includes cover for emergency medical costs, which would cover you for COVID-19 costs as long as you haven't travelled against Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice. You’ll also be covered for cancellation if you, a close relative or someone you're travelling with becomes ill, is quarantined or refused boarding due to COVID-19. We’ll ask you to verify the details of your claim with a medical certificate or an official test result.
The scenarios below are designed to explain some of what AXA Investec Visa Platinum travel insurance does and doesn’t cover:
Cancelling due to COVID-19
Your policy will cover you, subject to the terms and conditions, if you need to cancel your trip because:
- You or a close relative are diagnosed with or have contracted COVID-19
- You are required to self-isolate, subject to a positive test result/confirmation from a GP, or notification from the Track & Trace system
- Someone you were due to travel with or stay with on your trip needs to self-isolate.
Your policy will not cover you to cancel your trip if:
- You don’t want to quarantine or self-isolate when you return to your home area
- You are unable to travel because the government/or another regulatory authority have imposed restrictions, including national lockdown or regional lockdown
- Any costs for your Package holiday if it was cancelled by your travel provider or you were unable to travel due to a change in FCDO travel advice
- You aren’t able to produce the required vaccine certificates, medical tests/documents.
Cutting your trip short
Providing you aren’t travelling against the advice of the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) or another regulatory authority then you are covered subject to the terms and conditions if you need to cut your trip short because:
- The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) or other regulatory authority in a country in which you are travelling in advise you to evacuate or return to your home area
- You have been denied boarding at your UK departure point because you have COVID-19 symptoms
- If you need to come home early because a close relative has COVID-19.
Your policy will not cover:
- You wishing to return home early to avoid the need to quarantine.
Emergency medical cover for COVID-19
If you develop COVID-19 whilst abroad your policy will cover you subject to the terms and conditions for:
- Emergency medical treatment, repatriation and other expenses
- Additional transport and accommodation if you are unable to return home as planned.
Your policy will not cover:
- If you are travelling against Foreign, Commonwealth & Development (FCDO) advice.