Private equity client
This information is for intermediary use only.
This case study is for illustrative purposes only.
Case study highlights
BackgroundOur client has an immediate requirement for a flexible solution so they could release funds from an existing unencumbered property for investment purposes. Limit required of £2.5m to be secured against an unencumbered Central London property valued at £3.8m.
The Key ChallengeThe key challenge for the private banker is to design a lending solution whereby the client could get immediate funds to invest alongside the private equity firm’s funds and into an alternative private investment.
- The client required flexibility to make ad hoc payments online to cover business and personal expenses.
- The client has an irregular income profile whereby he receives large lumps of income from realised carry alongside a smaller monthly draw.
- There was an extremely short timescale to complete in order for the client to take advantage of upcoming investment opportunities.
The outcomeFollowing a thorough exploration, an online Investec Revolving Mortgage was structured as:
- It provides the client with the flexibility to draw and repay the mortgage as and when lump sum payments are received from carried interest or when investment opportunities arise, and
- Is particularly useful for clients who receive a large portion of their income on an irregular basis, enabling them to reduce their mortgage and redraw when any potential liabilities or investment opportunities arise.
- The mortgage is arranged within two weeks of contacting the bank, facilitating the release of funds for the client’s investments.
Limit required to be secured against the client's main residence
Over Investec Base Rate (the interest rate is applied on a daily basis)
The client has access to draw larger funds when investment opportunities arise via his dedicated private banker.
Request a call back
To learn more about our mortgages, request a call back or give us a call today.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7597 4053