Private bank account
Your online document upload
Upload your documents now
Thank you for applying for the Private bank account. To enable us to progress your application quickly, please upload your documents using our document upload tool.
Documents we can accept
Proof of address
The following documents are accepted as proof of address:
- Driving licence (if not used for proof of identity)
- Utility bill
- Current HMRC tax notification (if not used for proof of identity)
- Council tax bill
- Mortgage statement
- Credit card statement
- Bank or building society statement
- Telephone bill (not a mobile telephone bill)
With the exception of the driving licence, your proof of address documentation must be dated within the past 3 months.
For joint applications we accept bills with both applicants’ names as proof of address for both of the named individuals on that bill.
Proof of identity
The following documents are accepted as proof of identity:
- Valid passport
- Valid photocard driving licence (full or provisional)
- Valid national identity card (non UK)
- Current HMRC Tax Code notification
- Valid UK residency permit
Where you have recently married and changed your name and have not updated your documentation, please also include your marriage certificate.
Below are links to other forms we may have asked you to complete for us:
You can also send your documents by post
If you are in the UK
Our Freepost address is:
Investec Bank plc
FREEPOST LON 9401
London, EC2B 0ZZ
If you are outside the UK
Our postal address is:
The Banking Team
30 Gresham Street
London, EC2V 7PG.
We are here to help
From inside the UK
From outside the UK