Your Voyage account
Voyage is a bank account that has been designed to meet your day to day banking needs, as well as to support your international banking requirements.. If the answers to your questions are not covered in the FAQs below, you can speak to a member of our Private Banking Team, 24/7/365.
- The interest rate that will be paid on your account is 0.10% gross p.a./AER* variable on balances up to £250k. Any funds over this amount will earn interest at 0.00% gross p.a./AER* variable.
- There is no minimum balance required in order to earn interest on the funds in your account.
- Interest, where applicable, is calculated daily and paid monthly, on your statement date.
Here are the historical rates that have been paid on the account:
|22 October 2020||0.10% gross p.a./AER* variable interest paid on balances up to £250k and 0.00% gross p.a./AER* variable on any portion of funds over this amount.|
|4 December 2017||21 October 2020||0.50% gross p.a./AER* variable interest paid on balances up to £250k and 0.05% gross p.a./AER* variable on any portion of funds over this amount.|
|30 January 2017||3 December 2017||0.50% gross p.a./AER* variable interest paid on balances up to £1m and 0.25% gross p.a./AER* variable on any portion of funds over this amount.|
|10 October 2016||29 January 2017||1.00% gross per annum AER* on balances up to £1m and 0.25% gross per annum/0.25% AER* variable|
|1 July 2015||9 October 2016||1.50% gross per annum/1.51% AER* on balances up to £1m and 0.25% gross per annum/0.25% AER* variable|
|1 November 2012||30 June 2015||1.50% gross per annum/1.51% AER*|
Gross means the interest rate payable before the deduction of tax.
*AER stands for the Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once a year. The AER is intended to be an indicative rate to help you compare the return on different savings products. Interest is variable and is paid monthly.
- An annual fee of £500 for maintaining the account is payable from the date your account is opened. We will deduct the first year’s fee 30 days after the account opening date and we will deduct the fee automatically every twelve months after that. If you or we close the account after you have paid the fee, we will repay you the proportion of the fee representing the number of full months remaining for that year.
- You can use your card to spend money that you have in your Voyage account. If a payment causes you to go into an arranged overdraft, we will charge you interest on this at the rate of 5% per annum (variable) above the Bank of England base rate (as that rate varies from time to time). If a payment causes you to go into an unarranged overdraft, we will charge you interest on this at the rate of 5% per annum (variable) above the Bank of England base rate (as that rate varies from time to time). The Bank of England base rate is available here.
- Representative rate - based on an arranged overdraft of £1,200, the interest rate you will be charged is 1.47% EAR** (variable). This gives a representative rate of 776.03% APR*** (variable).
- How does our overdraft compare? A good way to compare the cost of our overdraft with other overdrafts or other ways of borrowing is to look at the representative APR. The APR shows the cost of borrowing over a year and includes our £500 account fee.
- Interest will be charged daily and applied monthly until you repay all amounts due to us.
- We don’t charge any foreign currency fees when you use your Investec card in certain countries. This includes, when you make a debit card payment in a foreign currency, receive a credit (e.g. refund) to your debit card in a foreign currency; or make a cash withdrawal in foreign currency outside the UK. Any of these transactions made elsewhere and outside the UK will incur a foreign currency fee of 2% of the value of the transaction. To find out more click here. Local ATMs may also charge a usage fee.
- Your Priority Pass card offers you and one guest unlimited access to over 1200 airport lounges around the world. The charge for each additional guest is £15.
- No other fees are charged to your account.
- If you have any questions about our charges, or charges that have appeared on your statement, please call us on : 0333 207 9423 (+44 (0)20 7597 4988 if calling from outside the UK).
For any day-to-day support on your account, contact the dedicated Private Banking Team who will be able to assist you 24/7.
You can call them on 0333 207 9423 or +44 (0)20 7597 4988 from outside the UK, or email them at: [email protected]