Communications Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all communication which originates from or references Investec or its subsidiaries.
Below are terms and phrases used in the terms and conditions which have specific meanings:
- Communication: messages, notices and/or communications which are published to or disseminated through the social services
- Contractors: any legal or natural person who is contracted to render services or provide products to Investec and who is not an employee (‘contractor’ has a corresponding meaning)
- Employees: employees of Investec (‘employee’ has a corresponding meaning) Investec: means and/or is a reference to Investec Limited (registration number 1925/002833/06)
- Investec subsidiaries: Investec’s subsidiary companies and/or trading divisions and/or operating divisions
- Social services: online social networks, social media generally and similar communication tools including, but not limited to, blogs, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Terms and conditions: the terms and conditions set out in this document
The communication may contain information that is confidential, private or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this information (or the intended recipient’s authorised representative) you must:
- Notify Investec of this fact immediately by email, fax or telephone and delete the communication from your system, where appropriate
- Refrain from storing, printing, copying, forwarding, extracting or disclosing any information contained in the communication or any part thereof
- Refrain from reading, storing, using, selling or incorporating any information contained in the communication into any database or mailing list for whatever reason including for, but not limited to, purposes of spamming or marketing
Failure to do so may amount to the unlawful interception of the communication; breach of privilege and/or confidentiality; the infringement of copyright and/or the infringement of the right to privacy, thus potentially exposing you to criminal and civil liability.
Neither Investec, the communication’s originator, or any other Investec representative will be liable for any loss, damage or expense of any nature (including without limitation, that caused by the corruption or loss of data, damage to software programs and interruption of business operations) resulting directly or indirectly from the transmission of the communication (including, without limitation, any malicious software code or viruses transmitted together with or obtained through the communication, or any corruption to or loss of data caused or facilitated by the communication).
The views and opinions expressed in the communication do not necessarily reflect Investec’s views and opinions. In particular, no employee or contractor is permitted to send (and you agree that Investec will not be liable or responsible for):
- unsolicited commercial messages where recipients of unsolicited email have not specifically opted to receive or, having done so, have indicated their unwillingness to receive further unsolicited email (spam)
- messages that infringe any third party's copyright, trademarks or other rights and interests (infringing content)
- messages containing content that is offensive, derogatory, racist, defamatory or otherwise unlawful (offensive content).
If the communication constitutes spam, contains infringing or offensive content, or was otherwise sent for purposes unrelated to the official business of Investec, Investec will not be liable for any loss, damage or expense of any nature, no matter how arising, resulting in your receipt, use and/or consumption of this email.
You consent to Investec monitoring, accessing, blocking, deleting, copying or otherwise intercepting communication originating from Investec and/or its employees and contractors as well as any communication sent in response to the originating communication, where appropriate.
You agree that you may not rely on the communication, either wholly or in part, as constituting a contract between you and Investec (or otherwise has any contractual significance whatsoever) unless Investec expressly states, in writing, that the communication is intended for such purposes.
Investec reserves its right to amend or wholly replace these terms and conditions without notice. You agree that you remain solely responsible for reviewing these terms and conditions, as amended from time to time, and that you remain in agreement with these terms and conditions.
Investec’s contact details
If you wish to contact Investec regarding these terms and conditions, you may refer a query, complaint and/or comment to Investec’s legal department:
- Email Investec at [email protected]
- Call the Investec service desk on +27 11 286 3000 between 07h00 and 18h00 Monday to Friday