Investec is proud to be the anchor investor in Acre Impact Capital, which has just announced its first close.

Acre logo

Our role

Acre Impact Capital is the first ever export finance impact fund in Africa. Through our initial investment, Investec expects the fund to contribute and enable the closure of up to 20 projects across the continent to the value of up to US$2bn in renewable power, health, addressing food and water scarcity, sustainable cities, and green transportation. 

Acre Impact Capital, a private-debt impact investment manager reached first closing of its Export Finance Fund I, with commitments of approximately US$100mn, with a target size of US$300m.

Acre Impact capital is a distribution platform for the ECA team’s structured sovereign loans,and is a future client for the Treasury Sales & Structuring and Funds Finance teams.

Find out more in our press release.

About Acre Impact Capital

Acre Impact Capital’s innovative Export Finance Fund I is the first fund of its kind, leveraging the risk capacity of export credit agencies (“ECAs”) for impact. Commercial banks typically fund the 85% tranche guaranteed by an ECA. Funding for the remaining 15% commercial debt tranche has been increasingly scarce. By providing specialist funding for this tranche, the Fund will unlock transactions and mobilise US$5.6 of private sector capital for each dollar invested.

“We are incredibly proud to have received support from our limited partners, who have backed our innovative Export Finance Fund I. The current credit environment creates attractive opportunities for discerning investors, while addressing the urgent need for funding for climate-aligned infrastructure projects.” said Hussein Sefian, CEO of Acre Impact Capital.

For full disclosure and disclaimers, click here