Our Portfolio Loans are designed to offer a swift, flexible and cost-efficient way to borrow against your investments.
To take out a Portfolio Loan, your investment portfolio must be under the management of our partner Investec Wealth & Investment (UK), now a part of Rathbones Group.
A simple and cost-efficient way to borrow
Raise funds without liquidating your portfolio
- Selling portfolio assets in order to access the liquidity you need may result in tax liabilities.
- You could take advantage of the freedom to access funds without selling your existing assets.
Convenient access to funds
- You’ll receive a decision on your loan within days rather than weeks.
- Funds can be drawn down in sterling, US dollars or euros.
Flexible repayment terms
- You can choose when and how you repay your loan, with the option to repay interest from your investment portfolio’s income.
- Investec Private Bank may legally demand repayment of the loan at any time, for example where the agreed loan to value maximum is exceeded.
Discretionary and advisory portfolios are accepted. We can accept offshore bonds from third-party bond providers where our wealth management partner, Investec Wealth & Investment (UK) now a part of Rathbones Group, to act as the discretionary asset manager.
If your assets are managed elsewhere, your Private Banker will work closely with our partners Investec Wealth & Investment (UK) to help ensure a smooth transfer of your assets sources.
Fees and charges
There are no early repayment charges. Depending on your circumstances, the following may apply:
- Arrangement fee
- Legal fees
- Costs associated with transferring your assets to our wealth management partners, Investec Wealth & Investment (UK)
Investec Wealth & Investment (UK) services
To take out a portfolio loan, your investment portfolio must be under the management of our partner, Investec Wealth & Investment (UK), now part of the Rathbones Group. Find out more about their Investment Services.
Have a question you need answered?
If you’d like to know more about our portfolio lending services, or are interested in taking out a loan from us, click 'get in touch' to request a call back from one of our experts.