Private UK Bank Account
Banking for the global citizen
As part of our Investec. One Place™ proposition that gives our clients access to local and international banking, Investec’s South African Private Banking clients* can open a UK Private bank account. This account offers a sterling-based transactional account in the United Kingdom.
* excluding clients whose residency is in a European Union country.
Why a UK Private Bank account?
UK Private bank account provides you with
- No foreign currency fees when you use your Investec debit card in certain countries outside the UK to make a debit card payment in a foreign currency, receive a credit (e.g. refund) to your debit card in a foreign currency or make a cash withdrawal in a foreign currency
- A foreign currency fee of 2% of the value of the transaction if elsewhere and outside the UK
- No fee when making cash withdrawals in pounds in the UK (international banks may charge a fee for use of their ATMs)
- A daily ATM withdrawal limit of £1 000
- No fee on international transfers
- Access to your account through Investec Online and the Investec App
The account has been designed as a secondary account to complement your primary South African Private Bank Account and is suitable for clients who regularly travel to the UK or receive income in the UK.
Make the switch
Our current account switch service takes the hassle out of switching your current accounts from a UK bank or building society to Investec.
Online or in person
Through Investec Online or the App, you can view and transact on your South African and UK accounts on one platform, with one login. For
online banking or general assistance, our global Client Support Centre is ready to help you 24/7/365.
From our shores to offshore, it's all in One Place
Tell us more about your offshore requirements, so we can better serve you.