Data Protection Notice
Collecting your personal data
We may collect certain personal data with respect to you, including, without limitation:
- all personal data provided by you such as:
o name and contact details;
o director or officer roles;
o dietary requirements including allergens; and
o passport information (where required to complete and manage a travel booking on your behalf).
- information on how and when you use our websites and links to them;
- we may monitor and/or record your telephone calls and electronic transactions.
We will only collect and process your sensitive personal data (such as health data) with your explicit consent or where the processing is specifically authorised by a regulatory body or required by law.
- all personal data provided by you such as:
How we will use your personal data
We will use your personal data for:
- the provision of products and/or services requested by you;
- detecting and preventing fraud and/or money laundering;
- statistical analysis and assessment; and
- otherwise as is necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations and/or codes of practice.
The provision of personal data by youmay be necessary in order for us and other third parties ( to which personal data is disclosed) to provide you with the requested services, for the performance of any contractual relationship with you and for the other purposes as set out in this Notice where in our legitimate interests.
How we will disclose your personal data
We may disclose certain personal data:·
- to other affiliates in the Investec Group. Investec Group consists of Investec Bank plc (a company registered in the UK) and Investec Limited (a company registered in South Africa) and any of their direct or indirect subsidiaries and/or holding companies;
- to our professional advisors, receivers and administrators (where applicable), and service providers (including, information technology systems providers);·
- to courts, governmental and non-governmental regulators and ombudsmen;·
- to any third party that acquires, or is interested in acquiring, all or part of our assets or shares, or that succeeds us in carrying on all or a part of its business, whether by merger, acquisition, reorganisation or otherwise;·
- as is required and/or permitted by law;
Transfer of Personal Data Outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
We may transfer your personal data to recipients (including affiliates in the Investec Group) located in countries outside of the EEA, including in South Africa, which may not have data privacy laws equivalent to those in the EEA. In those instances, we will take all necessary steps to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data privacy laws.
Under applicable EU data privacy laws, you may have a right to:
- request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of your personal data; and
- data portability (i.e. to request the transfer of personal data from one data controller to another in certain circumstances).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights you should contact the Data Protection Officer as described below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with your local data protection authority.
We may contact you periodically to provide information regarding events, products, services and content that may be of interest to you and to invite you to participate in market research. If applicable law requires that we receive your consent before we send you certain types of marketing communications, we will only send you those types of communications after receiving your consent.
If you wish to stop receiving marketing or market research communications from us you can click on the unsubscribe link in the relevant marketing communication or contact the Data Protection Officer as described below.
Security and Data Retention
We will take steps to protect yourpersonal data against loss or theft, as well as from unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which it is held. Subject at all times to applicable laws, we will retain your personal data in line with our internal record keeping procedures as determined by the nature of your relationship with us.
Changes to this Data Protection Notice
We may revise and/or supplement our Data Protection Notice from time to time to reflect (including but not limited to), any changes in our business, law, markets and/or the introduction of any new technology.
Enquiries, Requests or Concerns
All enquiries, requests or concerns regarding this Notice or relating to the processing of your personal data, should be sent to the Data Protection Officer at Investec Bank plc, 30 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7QP or by email to [email protected]ec.co.uk.