- Will the conflict and related inflationary pressures result in higher-for-longer interest rates?
- Will consumer spending falter in the face of increased prices and economic uncertainty?
- Will Europe become energy independent and what will be the impact on the energy transition and energy alternatives?
- Will the defence industry become ESG-friendly?
- What will be the implications of European companies seeking greater reshoring and security of supply chains?
Philip and Ben answered these questions and more. Watch the videos or click here for a written summary of their discussion.
The macroeconomic outlook
Investec UK Chief Economist Philip Shaw explains how four major themes are shaping the future: inflation, interest rates, recession fears and geopolitical uncertainty.
Which sectors are the most affected?
The Defence, New Energy and General Industrial sectors are all feeling the impact, notes Ben Bourne, Investec’s Head of Capital Goods and Alternative Energy Research.
Investec’s Philip Shaw and Ben Bourne answer your questions.
This article is for general information purposes only and should not be used or relied upon as professional advice. It is advisable to contact a professional advisor if you need financial advice.