This page is only appropriate for independent financial advisers and not suitable for individual investors.
By checking this box you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions and are not a U.S person. Your answer will be remembered for 30 days.
For individual investors
This website is for financial advisers only
FTSE4Good 6 Year Deposit Plan
Our Deposit Plan linked to an ESG index
FTSE4Good 6 Year Deposit Plan 4
|Product type||Capital protected|
|Underlying||FTSE4Good UK 50|
|Payoff Profile||Return paid if the FTSE4Good UK 50 is higher than its starting level at maturity|
Key Plan Dates
|Close Date for Direct and ISA Investments: ||12 February 2021|
|ISA Transfer Deadline:||29 January 2021|
|Start Date: ||22 February 2021|
|Final Maturity Date: ||22 February 2027|
This Plan may be right for the investor if:
- They want a full return of their initial deposit at maturity
- They are looking for a Plan with returns linked to the performance of stock markets
- They do not need access to their money over the plan term
- They want a tax-efficient return using their ISA allowance or via a SIPP/SSAS.
- They have a minimum of £3,000 to invest.
This Plan may not be right for the investor if:
- They want a regular income and dividends
- They may need immediate access to their money before maturity
- They cannot commit to the full plan term
- They want a guaranteed return on their deposit
- They want to add to their deposit on a regular basis
- They do not want to have money held in a UK onshore asset that is subject to UK tax rules
Your client's commitment
There is a minimum investment of £3,000, which your client will need to be able to commit for the full six years. The money will be held in an onshore UK asset that is subject to UK tax rules.
FTSE4Good UK 50
What is the FTSE4Good UK 50?
The FTSE4Good UK 50 Index is linked to the performance of the shares of the 50 largest companies listed on the London Stock Exchange which also demonstrate strong Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practises.
The stocks that make up the FTSE4Good UK 50 Index generally also feature in the FTSE 100 Index, since both indices track the shares of the largest companies listed on the London Stock Exchange.
The FTSE4Good UK 50 differs from the FTSE 100 in that it tracks 50 companies (as opposed to 100), and only tracks companies that have a high ESG rating.
What does ESG mean?
ESG stands for Environmental, Social and Governance.
FTSE Russell (the company that oversees the FTSE 100 Index and the FTSE4Good UK 50 Index) gives an ESG rating to companies based on how well they manage Environmental, Social and Governance issues.
- Environmental issues include how well the company manages its water usage, how much it pollutes, and how effectively the company combats climate change.
- Social issues include how responsible the company is to its customers, how well it complies with labour standards, and the company’s policies towards human rights and its communities.
- Governance issues include how effectively the company prevents corruption, the quality of its management and how transparent the company is with its taxes.
The better a company manages these Environmental, Social and Governance issues, the higher the ESG rating awarded to it. Only those companies that have a high ESG rating are eligible for inclusion within the FTSE4Good UK 50 Index.
Investec Bank plc does not offer advice or make any investment recommendations regarding these Plans. Investors should think carefully about the features and risks of these Plans and whether it suits investor’s personal circumstances and attitude to risk before deciding whether to invest. Investors should seek advice from a financial adviser in their jurisdiction before deciding to invest. Returns are in no way guaranteed and some of our Plans will place capital at risk. Investors may get back less than they invested. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
Investec Structured Products is a trading name of Investec Bank plc. Investec Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. It is a member of the London Stock Exchange registered under Financial Services Register reference 172330. Investec Bank plc is a limited company registered in England and Wales at Companies House. Our registered office is 30 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7QP and our registered number is 00489604. Our VAT number is 480912639. Please read our terms & conditions.