Global Investment Strategy Group
Bringing a global perspective to your portfolio
About the Global Investment Strategy Group
This is your direct window into the thinking that goes into the Investec investment outlook and strategy – with the latest global investment insights, trend analysis, and recommendations from some of the world’s top experts.
Watch the Inside Out of the Ordinary film series
Global Investment View
Drawing on a wide range of perspectives
The investor insights mapped out by the GISG on a quarterly basis, directly inform the strategy from which asset allocation committees in different regions make their investment decisions.
The GISG draws on the expertise of Investec Wealth & Investment professionals from the UK, South Africa, Mauritius, Hong Kong, Ireland, and Switzerland. The Group is a voting forum, which operates on the principle of one member, one vote. When votes are cast, the results define what the risk position and budget for the quarter will be.
Regular assessment of strategy
To ensure our investment outlook and risk positioning is always informed by the latest market developments, the GISG meet on a quarterly basis to do the following:
- Map out and analyse the economic outlook for the next 18 months
- Coordinate the risk appetite of the group – defining how much risk we are comfortable to assume
- Discuss how this 'risk budget' is to be spent – including the most and least appealing areas to assume risk and how we insure against it
- Identify and validate key investment themes
- Identify potential threats (the 'icebergs' ahead) in the global investor’s path
- Discuss new developments that could have an impact on returns.
The Global Investment View
Quarterly Reports for 2019
Find and download the latest and past editions of the Global Investment View to understand the investment outlook and risk positioning of the GISG on a quarterly basis.